Our Lady of the Valley Catholic Church is a Catholic faith community, called by God the Father, centered in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit to proclaim God's love and the Gospel message through word and action to all people.
-Our Lady of the Valley Parish Mission Statement
Sunday: 7:00 AM, 8:30 AM, and 11:00 AM
Weekday Masses (in church)
Tuesday 7:45 AM
Wednesday 12 noon
Thursday 7:45 AM
Sacrament of Reconciliation Saturday 3pm in the church cry room.
Donation & Tax Credit Opportunity
Catholic Charities Scholarships help to make a Catholic education accessible to families within the Diocese of Birmingham. The organization is accepting donations which, if made before the end of the year, can be used as a deduction on 2020 tax returns. Please consider a donation to this worthy cause. Contact your tax advisor for details about deductions. Watch this short video for a brief overview or click HERE for more details.
Parish App for phone
Download our Parish App to your Apple or Android device and have the Parish website at your finger tips!
- View the latest bulletin
- Access your Online Giving account
- Receive notifications about important information
- One touch to contact the church by phone, view the website or email the church
Remember to "Enable Notifications" so you won't miss any important messages such as weather delays, church closings, upcoming events, videos, or special Mass times for a holy day of obligation.
Click on button below to download from the Apple Store or Text ParishApp1 to 555888
Click on button below to download from the Android Store or Text ParishApp2 to 555888
- Rev. Thomas Kelly, Pastor
- Rev. Dan Whitaker, Deacon
- Rev. Bob Martin, Deacon
- Rev. Robert Long, Deacon
- Mark Woodard, Director of Religious Education
- Mrs. Kathy Martin, DRE Secretary, Admin Assistant
- Mrs. Karen Portante, Office Manager, Admin Assistant
- Ms. Theresa Thienpont, Director of Music Ministry
- Kathleen Keelin, Middle School Youth Ministry
- Mrs. Carol Cahill, Website, Admin Assistant
New to Our Lady of the Valley Catholic Church and would like to register?
Are you a member and need to make changes to you email, phone or address?
To request prayer, click on submit prayer request button. In the subject line write, "Prayer Request" and type your request then send.
Your request will go out instantly to all members on the prayer chain.
To become a member of the prayer chain email Kirk Sanford at [email protected]
Formed.org is where you can go to stream hundreds of hours of inspiring movies and video series, read bestselling Catholic books, and listen to audio presentations from the Church's most compelling speakers!
Formed is available anywhere from virtually any device 24/7 to help you deepen your relationship with Christ and His Church.
to create your FREE account
- Go to www.olv.Formed.org
- Create a personal account with your username and password
- Start enjoying the best Catholic content all in one place!
Click here for the latest information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) from the CDC along with how to protect yourself and what to do if you think you might have the virus.
Spiritual Communion prayer:
My Jesus, I believe that you are present in the most Blessed Sacrament. I love You above all things and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot now receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there, and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
Prayer for Vocations
Gracious and Loving God, help the men and women of the Diocese of Birmingham hear your call to serve. Our needs are great and our people thirst for your presence. Open the hearts of many, raise up faithful servants of the Gospel, dedicated holy sisters, brothers, deacons and priests, who will give themselves for your people and their needs. Bless those who are serving now with courage and perseverance. Grant that many will be inspired by their example and faith. We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord, who is the same yesterday, today and forever.
- Mary, Mother of Vocations
- Pray for us.
2020 PSR Guidelines for Safety
- There will be no coffee and donuts offered at this time
- Drop off students in a carpool line at the front entrance of the school
- Temperatures will be taken, and must be <100.4 F to attend class
- All students will enter through the front entrance of the school
- Face coverings are required
- No parents may enter the school building
- Assistants will escort the students from the front entrance to the classroom
- Pick up students at the side door entrance to the parish center/school lunchroom
- If anyone in your family has been diagnosed or exposed to COVID, please keep your students home!
- The school is sprayed 3 times a week with a disinfectant chemical that kills COVID
- We have 1 classroom per grade this year, 5K-9th grade, and all classes will meet in the main school building
PSR Guidelines for Families Choosing At-Home Catechesis
- Books will be ordered this week and we will notify you when they are here in the parish office for you to come pick them up
- 2nd grade students who are being instructed at home MUST attend a monthly sacramental prep class. The dates are listed on the class schedule
- Please spend some time teaching your children to pray, and begin and end each class with prayer that is led by the student(s). These prayers can be spontaneous prayer and/or traditional prayers
- Please focus on traditional Catholic teaching and traditions
- Please set up a prayer place in your home for daily prayer
- Please read the Sunday readings with your students and help them find the scripture passages in the Bible