PLEASE mark these dates on your calendar now!
First Communion Practice - Saturday, May 5th at 9AM in the church - The sacrament of Reconciliation will be available to the children following the practice.
First Communion Mass - Sunday, May 6th at 2 PM with a reception to follow in the Social Hall. Please arrive by 12:00, if you ordered individual pictures. All communicants will need to be in the social hall by 1:15pm.
Any adult ( age 21 years and older) who works or volunteers to help with children and or vulnerable adults is required by the Diocese of Birmingham to obtain youth protection certification. Certification must be completed before working with children or vulnerable adults.
Guidelines for certification are below:
1. Complete "Recognizing Child Abuse" offered at birmingham.proudtoprotect.com
2. Provide to church or school office:
- Copy of Training completion certificate (provided at the end of the online training)
- Signed Diocesan Code of Conduct Receipt form (available here)
- Signed Volunteer Inquiry Release form (criminal background check form)
After all three required documents are received and processed, you will be certified for 3 years.